Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Visual Arts ahhhhh!

     The visual arts are amazing!  The creative elements and span of variety make it fun to learn and teach about.  Seeing the artists' interpretation of their own expressions open the eyes of students. Visual arts teach creativity in a way that is fun and interesting.  
     Mixing paints and creating your own colors is fascinating.  Learning about tints, tones, and shades, helps a person appreciate all the colors within our visual spectrum.  After learning about the color wheel a person will appreciate the visual arts even more.
     Creating texture in visual arts is a challenge and rewarding.  It is a test of imaginative ability to create texture in artwork.  Artists have mastered this technique and to allow students the chance to try this would be fun to present as a project.  
     Learning about different lines is a fundamental element of art.  It simplifies the lessons of art and helps a student appreciate even the smallest ideas.  Students will be able to expand their ideas if they start out with the foundation of artistic ideas.  
     Using shape in art work gives the students ideas to expand with.  Shapes can create depth and interest in a art piece.  Shape will add emotion to artwork and create feelings that may be different for different students.  It also allows for the dimension of a piece to have an effect on the audience.
     I will use the visual arts in many ways.  I will teach students about artists in world history and about the elements of art.  I feel that I will use art in a variety of ways in different subjects as well.  It is applicable to any subject.  I will teach students that visual arts are valuable and should be appreciated.  We will visit museums and create our own museum.  I am so excited to to share my passion for visual arts with my students. 

No comments:

Post a Comment